1. Riders bikes must be in good mechanical order. Bicycles will be inspected prior to the event start and all bikes deemed unfit will not be allowed to take part in the event. It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure their bicycle is in good working order.
2. All riders must carry eye protection with them at all times while participating in the Mackay Mountain Marathon.
3. All riders and runners must wear closed in shoes.
4. All riders must wear a helmet at all times while participating in the Mackay Mountain Marathon.
5. Due to the risks involved, children under 5 are not permitted to take part in the 5km run/walk in any way.
6. The tracks are NOT pram friendly. Prams and strollers are not permitted on the course.
Please note we do not offer refunds for cancelled registration. We can offer to transfer your registration to another person or offer you a credit to be used the following year.
Safety checklist for ALL Riders
My bike has BAR PLUGS
My bike is in SOUND MECHANICAL CONDITION
My BRAKES are working well
I have WATER BOTTLES & HOLDERS
I have FOOD & NUTRITION (recommended for 30km & 80km)
I have SPARES – Tubes, etc
I have EYE PROTECTION (15km only)
The Participant acknowledges and understands that cycling trail running activities are dangerous recreational activities and that by participating in them they are exposed to certain risks including injury, death and damage to their property, including as a result of the negligence or breach of contract of The Organisers.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, The Participant releases and indemnifies The Organiser, event sponsors, event funding bodies, beneficiaries and their respective committee members, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers and representatives, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land and property upon which The Event or any part of it is conducted including statutory bodies and local authorities against all and any actions or claims which may be made by The Participant or on their behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to The Participant or their property whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
Final entries close at 5pm on Friday 26th July 2019.
Registrations will NOT be accepted on the day.
Email email@example.com for late entry options.